El Cosmonauta en el barranco del agua 2017
Natural white wine from Rioja Alavesa without any correction with any winemaking product in the cellar.
Viticulture and vinification:
- The Plot: The plot of Vasconegro is located just over 1 km E of Lanciego. It is planted in hillside at the top of the tableland forming the Viñaspre river. Planted by El Mozo in 1965 has in its top part 3000 m2 of old malvasia.
- Viticulture: Viticulture based on minimal interaction in the vineyard and in a fully oriented grape quality care. The wine also is certified organic viticulture.
- Winemaking: Manual vintage in little boxes and pressing at the entrance to cellar, from here the fermentation takes place in barrels on fine lees. The fermentation starts with the native yeast brings the grape. Following our philosophy of minimal interaction, wine was not corrected by any enlológico product.
Sight: Clear yellow with green streaks.
Nose: citrus, white fruit and flowers on the nose against a more herbal, resinous background.
Palate: Fresh and unctuous attack with good volume and slightly glyceric. Notes of grapefruit, lemon, lychees and Mediterranean scrub. Slightly saline and bitter aftertaste which helps prolong the finish
appetizers, poultry, white meat, game pate and vegetables.
- D.O. Ca. Rioja
- Alava - Basque Country
- grape varieties
- 90% Malvasia riojana 10% Viura
- 75 cl
- Type of Wine
- White fermented in barrel
- Ageing in:
- Hungarian oak barrels
- Ageing time
- 6 months
- 1.250 units
- Suitable for Vegans